The COVID-19 pandemic has changed everyone’s lives. In a way, we’re all in this together as the virus does not discriminate. But the pandemic and the lockdown have affected the underprivileged worse than others. While some people were able to work from home and pay for groceries and medical supplies if the need arose, daily-wage workers were stranded without a means of income.
Chudar and local volunteers reached out to such families to assess their needs. We have been collecting funds through our fundraisers to aid our relief work to get these families the help they need. We provided them with groceries, sanitary kits, reusable cotton masks, and sanitizers. We strictly adhered to government norms and managed to distribute supplies during the first wave of the pandemic.
At the onset of the second wave, all the Chudar centres were closed once more, in accordance with the lockdown imposed by the State Government. Chudar has resumed COVID-19 relief work and the team has been distributing groceries, medical supplies, and other necessities.
We would like to thank our donors and volunteers from the bottom of our hearts! Every single contribution makes a difference. We are grateful for your continued support during the second wave of the pandemic.
August 31, 2021
- Corona relief groceries items were distributed to 96 families in Atthipakkam, Navalpakkam, Sathya Nagar, and Sembur villages in Vandavasi block.
August 21, 2021
- Corona Relief groceries items were distributed to 98 families in Kozhipulliur, Kozhipulliur colony, Kalliyanapuram, and Ettithangal villages in Peranamallur block.
August 18, 2021
- As part of Chudar's covid relief, we distributed face masks and sanitizers to two government hospitals.
- This was printed as a short column in the Local Newspaper 'Dinamani".
August 16, 2021
- Covid Relief groceries items were distributed to 102 families in Arasampattu, Arasampattu colony, Jagannatha Puram, and Arasana colony villages in Peranamallur block.
July 12, 2021
- Chudar team arranged for a covid-19 vaccination camp in Arasampattu village. 100 covid-shield vaccines were allotted to the village. In the beginning, only 11 came to the camp to get vaccinated, then our coordinators Murugan and Kathir went to the streets and distributed awareness pamphlets and explained about vaccination and its importance. At the end of the camp, we completed the vaccination drive for the remaining 89 vaccines.
July 10, 2021
- Relief groceries items were distributed to 126 families in Alliyantal, Alliyantal colony, Mettur, Magadevimangalam, Chanrambadi, and Injimedu villages in Peranamallur block.
July 8, 2021
- Corona Relief groceries items were distributed to 100 families in Theyyar, Madem, Katteri, Pazhaveri, Ramalingapuram, Periyakuppam, and Oothukulam villages in the Vandavasi block.
July 8, 2021
- Pramila, Suresh, and Mahendran from the Chudar team distributed covid-19 relief grocery materials to 35 families in Veenmani and Virlar villages.
June 30, 2021
- Distributed daily essential supplies for covid-19 relief to 104 families in four villages.
June 25, 2021
- We distributed daily essential supplies for covid-19 relief to 80 families in the Peranamallur block over the two days 24th and 25th of June 2021.
June 22, 2021
- Daily Essentials for Covid-19 relief were distributed to 56 families with daily wage workers and single-mother in J.patti, Kootupakkam, and Melachery.
June 19, 2021
- We did our biggest covid relief drive yet with the distribution of daily essential supplies to 114 families with the help of the village head of the respective villages.
- 60 of those families were either tribal families, or the wage earners of the families were working as a housekeeper or these families included a differently-abled person, from Sembur, Atthipakkam, and Navalpakkam.
- The other 54 families mostly included families with wage earners working on a daily wage and Single-mother families in Kozhipulliur, Kozhipulliur colony, Arasampattu.
- Alongside the distribution of the daily essential supplies, we had short conversations with these family heads about the Importance of getting the covid-19 vaccine.
June 17, 2021
- The frontline team distributed daily essential supplies to 20 families in Jeganathapuram village, Peranamallur block. - we also started raising awareness about the Importance of Getting Vaccinated against the Coronavirus and distributing pamphlets in Tamil stressing the same.
June 13, 2021
- Kathir and Murugan from the Chudar team procured and distributed daily essentials to 20 families with single-mother in the Arasambattu colony village.
- Additionally, daily essentials were also distributed to 10 families with wage earners working as housekeepers in sembur villages vandavasi block by Mahendiran from our Chudar team
June 11, 2021
- As per a request from Kommananthal GH, Chetpet block, we printed 2000 copies of covid-19 vaccine tokens and submitted these to the Medical Officer.
June 7, 2021
- Daily Essentials were distributed to 16 affected families, in Mumuni, Ammayapattu, Venkundram, and Elangadu Maruthuvambadi villages in Vandavasi block as part of the covid-19 relief program.
June 2, 2021
- Covid-19 relief items were distributed to 16 affected families, in Mumuni, Ammayapattu, Venkundram, and Elangadu Maruthuvambadi villages in Vandavasi block.
- Relief items were distributed to 8 Covid-19 affected families in Kozhipulliur, Kozhipulliur colony and Melathangal colony villages.
June 1, 2021
- 14 Covid-19 affected families were provided with groceries and relief items.
- Relief items were distributed to 10 Covid-19 affected families in Kezchari, Andipuradai, Madam, and Issakolathur villages.
May 31, 2021
- Distributed relief items to 10 families who were affected with covid-19 in Mazhiur, Mazhiur colony, Kothandapuram, and Bagavanthapuram villages.
- Covid-19 relief items were distributed to 10 affected families in Lathur block Nadumaram villages, Koovathuu Chengalpattu District.
May 26, 2021
- Provided 12 families with relief items who were affected with covid-19 from a village in Melmaliyanur Block, Villupuram District.
May 25, 2021
- Printed and distributed 2000 covid-19 vaccine tokens along with 10 liters of Sanitizers to the Government Hospital in Chetpet Taluk, Tiruvannamalai district.
- Conducted a Covid-19 Awareness Meeting through zoom for our Chudar Centre Tutors by Dr. Sruthi Priyadarsini, which covered the Importance of vaccines, symptoms of Covid-19, treatment for covid, the efficiency of the various mask, and the need for a double mask.
- Created a Public Awareness video on Corona Virus in Tamil - View the Video
May 24, 2021
- Distributed 30 N95 Masks, 30 Face shields, one Pulse oximeter, and 60 Bedspread disposable covers to a government hospital in Vandavasi -Thiruvannamalai Dt.
May 22, 2021
- Relief items were distributed to 12 Covid affected families in Melathangal, Arasampattu colony, Kaliyanapuram, and Alliputhur villages by the Chudar team.
- Chudar's Centre Tutors did an awareness campaign on Covid-19 Safety measures and distributed mask's to 10 families each in the Saidapet and Godhamedu areas of Chennai
May 21, 2021
- Chudar's Centre Tutors did an awareness campaign for 30 families in Mandaveli and Kotturpuram area in Chennai.
May 20, 2021
- Chudar has been providing COVID-19 relief supplies to people in rural areas. The beneficiaries are families that have contracted COVID-19 or those that have faced additional difficulties due to pandemics, such as loss of employment. The supplies provided include rice, oil, sugar, salt, semolina, vermicelli, dal, turmeric powder, chili powder, washing soap, and body soap. The team distributed relief supplies to families in Jaganathapuram, Kotupakkam, Melacherry, Arasampattu, and Jpatti villages.
- Chudar provided groceries and other supplies to five families in Gujji street.
- Distributed groceries to five poor families in Rajakadai with single-parent.
May 19, 2021
- Chudar gave groceries and other supplies to five families in the Devanur and Omanapakkam villages.
May 18, 2021
- We did a campaign on "How to wear the mask properly" in Mandhaveli. Members of our team Sujithra and Keerthika met people from 10 households in the area and explained to them the importance of wearing a mask, the symptoms of Covid-19, and advised them to be safe. 100 surgical masks and 30 cloth masks were distributed today.
May 17, 2021
- Chudar provided thirty N95 Masks, three hundred triple-layer masks, and a Pulse Oximeter to the Government Hospital in Chetpet, Thiruvannamalai.
May 15, 2021
- We distributed relief material to 12 families that had contracted COVID-19. The beneficiaries in Ramanathapuram, Kotuppaakam, Melachery, Arasampattu, and J.Patti villages.
May 13, 2021
Chudar distributed essential provisions to 10 families with single-parent in Chithra Nagar Kotturpuram.
We distributed COVID-19 relief items to eight families in Jagannathapuram colony village. They had lost their source of livelihood due to the pandemic.
May 12, 2021
The Chudar team identified 10 single-parent families in the Mylapore area for essential provisions distribution today.
Distributed COVID-19 relief items to six underprivileged families in Pudupatti village.
May 11, 2021
Covid relief items were distributed to six tribal families from Kizh Sathamangalam village (Sathya Nagar area) and Sembur village in Vandavasi Taluk.
Everyday essential provisions were distributed to 20 single mothers who work as House Caretakers in Jothiyammal Nagar and Godhamedu, Saidapet who have been economically setback due to lockdown during Phase II of the Corona Virus pandemic.
Covid Relief 2021 -Updates
Chudar Team distributed essential provisions to 10 families with single-parent in Chithra Nagar Kotturpuram. Below is a case study of one such family.
As part of the COVID-19 relief measures, Chudar has identified a few single-parent families in which mothers are finding it difficult to meet basic food requirements